- Helvetia: A Swiss Village in the Hills of West Virginia by David H. Sutton is in the process of being printed by the West Virginia University Press. This is a second edtion of One's Own Hearth is Like Gold (1990) with a new introduction and added photos. http://wvupressonline.com/sutton_helvetia_9781933202563. (Cost will be posted when known.) When the book becomes available, it can be ordered from :
Helvetia Restoration & Development Organization
c/o Natalie McInroy, Treasurer
PO Box 34
Helvetia, WV 26224
- Google Earth Users: The photo car has been to Helvetia. Use "Helvetia, WV" as the location, not the zip code, to get there most quickly.
- Geocachers: There is a cache in Helvetia. Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=d55b7edf-980e-419e-951e-2fa95c6f30c3.
Monday, February 1. Farm Women's Club Meeting. 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, February 6. First Saturday Square Dance. Canceled due to weather! Adults
$5. Age 12 and under, $2. 8:00 p.m. Community Hall.
Tuesday, February 9. Monthly meeting of the Helvetia
Restoration and Development Organization. 6 p.m. at the Helvetia Public Library.
Saturday, February 13. Fasnacht
- 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Open mic, food, and beverages. Star Band (Red) Hall.
- 5:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. Buffet - Greetings - Hutte Restaurant.
- 8:30 p.m. - 8:45 p.m. Lampion (candlelight) parade - Star Band Hall to Community Hall.
- 8:45 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Judging costumes - Prizes - Community Hall.
- 9:00 p.m. - 12:00 p.m. Masked Ball - Community Hall.
- 12:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m. Burning Old man Winter - outside Community Hall.
Monday, February 15. Helvetia Public Library Board of Trustees meeting. At the Library. 5:00 p.m.