Helvetia Highlights for September 2005
Saturday, September 3. Beech Mountain Sportsman Club Meeting.
Saturday, September 3. First Saturday Square Dance. 8:00 p.m.
Community Hall. Adults $5. Age 12 and under, $1.
Tuesday, September 13. Monthly meeting of the Helvetia Restoration
and Development Organization. 7 p.m. at the Helvetia Public Library.
Saturday, September 10 - Sunday September 11. Helvetia Fair.
- Saturday, September 10. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Exhibits open at the
- 2:00 p.m. Alpine Parade
- 2:30 p.m. Swiss folk dancing & singing, Alp horns, yodeling, and
Fahnenschwingen (swinging of the Swiss flag) in the Meadow
- 4:00 p.m. Field day events
- 5:00 p.m. Unaccompanied Gospel Sing at the Helvetia Church
- 9:00 p.m. – Midnight. Square dance at the Community Hall. Admission
- Sunday, September 11
- Helvetia Mountain Run http://www.wvmtr.org/helvetia10k.htm
- 9:00 a.m. Registration at the General Store
- 10:45 a.m. Kids' Run
- 11:00 a.m. 10K and 2 mile runs
- 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Exhibits open at the Community Hall
- 2:00 p.m. Program in the Meadow
- Both Saturday and Sunday
- Refreshments at the Community Hall
- Arts and Crafts sales at the Star Band Hall and throughout the
- Book Sale at the Library
- Art Show at the Wunderbar Gallerie o Special Stamp Cancellation
- Artisans at the One Room School
Wednesday, September 21. Helvetia Farm Women's Meeting at the
home of Eleanor Betler. 6:30 p.m.
Friday, September 30 - Sunday, October 2. Oktoberfest and Wool Fair.
Music, Wool and Fiber Artists, Crafts, Cheese Making, Sheep Shearing,
Horseshoes, Hayrides, Foods and Beverages. Visitors and exhibitors welcome.
Contact Ben Gain at 304-924-5503.